Between August 6 and August 14, there are more COVID-19 pop-up vaccine clinics available in the Creston area. No advance appointments are necessary. Anyone who lives or works in the area is able to walk up and receive their 1st or 2nd COVID-19 vaccine. Here is the schedule:
- Saturday, August 7: At the Creston Valley Farmers' Market (inside the Creston Valley Chamber of Commerce building), from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 10: At the Yahk-Kingsgate Community Centre, 8790 Railway Avenue, Yahk, from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 11: At Pealow's Your Independent Grocer, from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday, August 12: At the Creston Valley Public Library from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Saturday, August 14: At the Creston Valley Farmers' Market (inside the Creston Valley Chamber of Commerce building), from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Anyone in the Creston area born 2009 or earlier is eligible for COVID-19 immunization. People are eligible to receive their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at seven weeks (49 days) after receiving their first dose.
In addition, there are ongoing COVID-19 immunization clinics available at the Creston Health Centre (lower level of Creston Valley Hospital) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9:30 am to 3:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 12:30 pm to 7:00 pm. The Creston Health Centre clinic is closed between 11:40 am and 12:30 pm daily. People can get their first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by dropping in to an immunization clinic or by making an appointment.
To make an appointment, register online by visiting the provincial website www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca, or call 1-833-838-2323.