In 2016-2017 the Official Community Plan (OCP) was developed in consultation with the public. The document was created to ensure public opinion and interest in future planning issues were considered. A lot can change in 5 years, including the community’s vision for the Town of Creston, so we are re-visiting the OCP for a 5 Year Community Check-in.
Have your say by participating in the OCP 5 Year Community Check-in survey series. We invite you to engage in the weekly surveys at letstalk.creston.ca. The surveys will include:
• Quality of Life and Inclusive Local Identity – October 26 - November 1
• Neighbourhoods and Housing – November 2 - 8
• Connectivity – November 9 - 15
• Economic Prosperity – November 16 - 22
• Downtown Vibrancy – November 23 - 29
• Valley Collaboration – November 30 - December 6
• Vision for Creston – December 7 – 13
Also, if you live within the Town of Creston limits, watch your mailbox for an OCP flyer near the end of this week. The flyer will provide an overview of the 5 Year Community Check-in, including other ways you can get involved in the process.
The OCP guides all future operations within the Town of Creston, so it is essential that the community is involved in shaping the review!
Thank you from all of us at the Town of Creston.