Requesting a Mail Ballot Package
Pursuant to Section 110 (1) of the Local Government Act and Ministerial Order M307 (Elections in Special Circumstances (COVID-19) Regulation) all qualified electors for the Town of Creston are permitted to vote by mail.
To request a mail ballot package application contact Town of Creston Elections Staff by email at email@example.com or by phone at (250) 428-2214. Alternately, Mail Ballot applications are available at Town Hall (238-10th Avenue North) between 9:00 am -12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday (except for Statutory Holidays) or can be downloaded electronically here: https://letstalk.creston.ca/23585/widgets/95244/documents/63898.
Mail Ballots packages will be sent out on or around August 31, 2021 and may be delivered by:
- pick up at Town Hall, OR
- regular letter mail through Canada Post to residential address, OR
- regular letter mail through Canada Post to an alternate address that is provided when the Mail Ballot package is requested.
The deadline to request a Mail Ballot is 4:00 pm on Thursday September 16, 2021. Please note that any Mail Ballot packages requested after September 10, 2021 will need to be picked up at Town Hall.
Mail Ballots must be received by the Chief Election Officer at Town Hall by Friday September 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm (preferred) or at Upper Rotacrest Hall (230-19th Avenue North) on General Voting Day, Saturday September 18, 2021, no later than 8:00 pm.
It is the obligation of the person applying to vote by Mail Ballot to ensure that the mail ballot is received by the Chief Election Officer within this time limit.
For any questions please contact:
- Kirsten Dunbar, Chief Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (210)
- Marsha Neufeld, Deputy Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (120)
- Donna Cassel, Deputy Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (410)