COVID-19 | Business Information
"Businesses are working hard to keep their doors open. Order take-out, shop locally, we need our businesses to survive this and they can only do that through our support." - Mayor Toyota
Every business needs a public COVID-19 Safety Plan to operate in BC. Please note that if your business has been closed by a Provincial Order, it cannot open until the Order is formally lifted. For support developing your plan, visit:
- WorkSafeBC (Information on Returning to Safe Operation) https://www.worksafebc.com/en/about-us/covid-19-updates/covid-19-returning-safe-operation
- BC COVID-19 Resources https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
- BC’s Restart Plan https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/public-safety-and-emergency-services/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/gdx/bcs_restart_plan_web.pdf
- Restart Management Strategy https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/BG_Support_for_Workplaces_Resuming_Operation.pdf
- Go Forward Strategy Checklist https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/public-safety-and-emergency-services/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/gdx/go_forward_strategy_checklist_web.pdf
- COVID-19 Safety Plan Order: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/covid-19/class_order_employers_covid-19_safety_plans_covid-19_may_14_final.pdf
Small Business Supports: As part of B.C.’s COVID-19 Action Plan, the B.C. government is providing an additional $5 billion in income supports, tax relief and funding for people, businesses and services in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. For more information on how to access these resources please visit Small Business Supports.
Community Futures Central Kootenay: is working hard to help businesses and communities through the COVID-19 pandemic. For comprehensive information on the business support available to you please visit Community Futures COVID-19 Support for Businesses.
Columbia Basin Trust: The Columbia Basin Trust (CBT) has announced 11.7 million in new funding to provide immediate support for basin residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Small Business Working Capital Loans are for working capital purposes only, such as rent, wages and inventory. For more information on who can apply and how to apply visit Small Business Working Capital Loans.
Canada’s Economic Response Plan: For Federal Resources Supporting Business including avoiding layoffs and rehiring employees, reduced and deferred payments, access to credit and more visit Canada’s Economic Response Plan.
COVID-19 Supports for Small Business: The Provincial and Federal government along with the private sector are providing a wide-range of supports for businesses in British Columbia affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This list of supports may not be comprehensive and is subject to change. Please contact support providers directly for eligibility and application details. COVID-19 Business Supports.