COVID-19 | Public Facilities
Town Hall is open to the public from 9 am – 12 pm, and 1 pm – 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Many safety protocols have been implemented, including but not limited to: clearly marked entrance and exit locations, allowing only one customer in the building at a time, markers indicating proper spacing for physical distancing, providing hand sanitizer for customer use, and the installation of plexiglass at the customer service counters.
Public Washrooms are open, cleaned and disinfected once per day. High touch areas are disinfected twice per day. Please remember to wash your hands when using our public facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Town owned playgrounds and outdoor “green gym” exercise equipment are open for use by the public. The playground and outdoor exercise equipment will not be cleaned or sanitized. Please practice proper hand hygiene by washing your hands immediately before and after using the playground equipment.
- If you are sick or have any cold/flu symptoms, stay home
- Only children are allowed on playground equipment
- Keep 2 meters distant from anyone outside your household
- Take turns and be patient.
The Splash Park is open for use between 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. Splash park equipment will not be cleaned or sanitized. Please remember:
- If you feel sick or have any cold or flu symptoms, stay home
- Keep two (2) metres distant from others at all times
- Clean your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitizer before and after use
- Avoid overcrowding. If the splash park is busy, come back another time
Town Parks remain open to the public for general use; however, all parks remain closed to bookings and gatherings until further notice.
Town Facilities - the following Town facilities remain closed to the public to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- the Public Works Shop;
- the Youth Centre;
- the Fire Hall (staff still available to take your calls);
- Creston Education Centre.
Contact: Town staff are available to assist you at 250.428.2214, or email at email@example.com during regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Required meetings for core services are available by appointment only.
The RCMP Administrative Office is also closed to the public at this time. Their office can be reached at 250.428.9313. In case of emergency please dial 911.
The following RDCK facilities are closed:
- Creston & District Community Centre
- Rotacrest Hall
- Creston Education Centre Gym
Creston and District Community Complex Offering Outdoor Fitness Programming Registration can be done online or over the phone. Phone registration hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (250) 428 7127, or REGISTER HERE.
The Regional District of Central Kootenay announces Summer Outdoor Programs The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) recreation services will be offering outdoor programs during the summer season. Program registration will open on June 23 for July and August summer programming. All programs require pre-registration.For more information on summer programs please visit: https://rdck.ca/EN/meta/news/news-archives/2020-news-archive/rdck-announces-summer-outdoor-programs-registration-opens-june-23.html
Please go to https://rdck.ca/EN/main/services/emergency-management/covid-19-updates.html to find out specific information on memberships, programs and rentals.
Landfills and Transfer Stations:
- The Creston landfill has returned to accepting payment and all material types. All previously accepted materials including household garbage, furniture, construction & demolition, yard & garden, wood waste and scrap metal will once again be accepted.
The Reuse Shed remains closed.
Please visit https://rdck.ca/EN/main/services/waste-recycling/waste-disposal/creston-landfill.html for hours of operation.