Last Updated: March 31, 2020, 08:30 AM
March 30 Updates:
- During the COVID-19 crisis, it is very important to minimize visits to and through the Emergency Department. Creston residents who do not have a family physician, who have needs for non-urgent chronic followup or prescription refill can call 1.855.411.1630
To view full list of updates click here
- Public Facilities - Information regarding facility closures and modified service levels at local public facilities operated by the Town of Creston and/or the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
- Business Information - Information and resources for businesses in the Creston Valley.
- Community Resources - Listing of Creston specific resources for grocery shopping, prescriptions, senior support, children’s support and related information.
- Stop the Spread - How you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Travel Information - Information regarding international travel.
- Trusted External Resources - Province of British Columbia, BC Centre for Disease Control, Interior Health Authority, and other trusted information sources.
- Protecting Your Home - Information on best practices to protect your family at home.
Town of Creston | COVID-19 Response
A message from CAO Michael Moore regarding Town COVID-19 response (March 27)
A message from Mayor Toyota to all returning travelers (March 24)
A message from Mayor Toyota about the Town’s COVID-19 Information Line (March 23)
The Town of Creston is working closely with the Provincial government, Interior Health Authority, the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), and other partner agencies to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond appropriately.
The health and safety of our employees and community members is our first priority. We are following the Orders and recommendations from our Provincial Medical Health Officer. Our goal, along with our RDCK partners, is to ensure accurate and coordinated information is available as it relates to our community.
The Town of Creston activated an Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) on March 14, 2020. Activating the EOC provides a mechanism to centralize planning and coordinate communications.
Through activation of the EOC, the Town of Creston is:
- preparing for possible impacts of the pandemic;
- providing accurate information to our residents as it becomes available;
- ensuring continuity of the Town’s essential services (sewer, water, street sweeping, etc.);
- combating the spread of COVID-19 through regular disinfection in key areas of town, and temporary facility closures; and,
- working with our partners at the RDCK, through our shared emergency management program to further coordinate our efforts of keeping residents informed.