New Fire Hall for Creston
With the approval of the 2018 Protective Services Loan Authorization Bylaw, the Town is now proceeding with the design tendering and construction process for building a new Fire Hall that will ensure the safety of our firefighters and residents now, and for years to come.
To assist with the process, the Town has set up the Technical Building Advisory Committee (TBAC), a group of dedicated community volunteers to provide:
- Input and oversight on the design development, tendering and construction of a new Fire Hall that will meet current and future needs.
- Help keep our community informed and engaged about key decisions and milestones throughout the project.
In addition to establishing the TBAC Town Council formally adopted the principles and recommendations of the previous Community Fire Hall Advisory Select Committee (ASC) that will guide the direction of the work of the committee. Specifically, that the new Fire Hall would be located at the preferred Cook Street site and be approximately 14,000 square feet based upon the committee’s spatial review.
The Town extends it appreciation to the members of the 2018 Fire Hall Community Advisory Select Committee (ASC) for their thoughtful consideration of the reports and presentations that formed the basis of their recommendations to Council.
Fire Hall Project Information
- Jan 23, 2019 - News Release
- Jan 17, 2019 - News Release
- Jan 09, 2019 - News Release
- Nov 26, 2018 - News Release
2018 Background Information
Please see the links below for information on the work that has been done to date on the Fire Hall Project, including: